ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

ASP or PHP?

by geraldalzaga - 10-13-2017 - 02:41 PM
Really? What's the difference between the two and which one is better? I have been reading a lot about this topic but I can't seem to get myself convinced. I wanted to become a web developer someday and I wanted to learn which one is the best one to practice.
ASP. Personaly dont like PHP.
PHP is open source and easier to learn compared to ASP since it allows for more "flaws" letting a new coder make some mistakes and stay a little forgiving.
ASP.net is the way to go for industry, because it's what enterprise uses. PHP is on the way out, and not a particularly great language compared to what we have these days.

JS, Node, TypeScript, ReactJS, Angular, VueJS, etc are all good technologies for web dev too.
Java is pretty standard and used in industry too.

Source: I'm a software engineer in the bay area and I work with Java and Scala.
Depends on your needs, ASP is M$, PHP opensource.
(12-13-2017 - 10:06 AM)vicbarstow Wrote: ASP.net is the way to go for industry, because it's what enterprise uses. PHP is on the way out, and not a particularly great language compared to what we have these days.

JS, Node, TypeScript, ReactJS, Angular, VueJS, etc are all good technologies for web dev too.

+1

fan of all the modern web stacks, just sooo much better to actually make something

whilst yeah, php is quick to smash out a quick prototype, but lmao, look at the sites featured on the passwords dumps section here... a hell of a lot of php!

Really depends what language you know, JS (node) and Python (flask) are pretty easy, but Go is pretty good if you want something blazingly fast.
php is better over ASP
PHP is great, there is a reason it's so widely used including highly skilled programmers.

The people who talk shit about PHP don't know how to use it properly.
PHP is where it's at. ASP is gross...

Users browsing: 2 Guest(s)