ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

Code my own PW manager?

by Endgame - 05-25-2016 - 01:57 PM
 I wanna pretty much code a password manager. Is this ok to do with Python? 

Example:

I'd like to be able to input my username and/or email and password and it automatically puts it all into a list.
Also, save this, and make it so I can access it again and input and save another entry.

(I don't wanna have to edit the source code or w/e it's called every time I wanna add in a new entry. Just wanna be able to run it and be able to add in what i want.)

I don't wanna do this just to save pw's and such. I just like learning what I can.
Please no recommendations on LastPass or anything of the nature.

If this is possible & simple/easy, I don't care which language the coding needs to be done in. Even though I don't know any of them.
Hopefully soon I'll have some money to offer someone to code it for me. Easy money. But as I said, that's when I get it.

OBVIOUSLY, I WANT THIS DONE AS A PROGRAM, NOT A WEB-BASED THING.
[Image: 24NY3zi.jpg]
I love Mars
Hopefully someone who knows anything about this could help you out since i have no idea :)
[Image: b964a826bf7328ceab559cc1734971f7.gif]
(05-25-2016 - 07:58 PM)Lion Wrote: Hopefully someone who knows anything about this could help you out since i have no idea :)

Yeah, I just really think it'd be pretty cool.
[Image: 24NY3zi.jpg]
I love Mars
(05-25-2016 - 08:01 PM)ThaRealiZt Wrote:
(05-25-2016 - 07:58 PM)Lion Wrote: Hopefully someone who knows anything about this could help you out since i have no idea :)

Yeah, I just really think it'd be pretty cool.

Sounds like it would be pretty cool so hopefully someone could help you out soon :)
[Image: b964a826bf7328ceab559cc1734971f7.gif]
Don't do this unless you actually know what you're doing. By the sound of it, you don't.

All you're doing is putting your own security at risk. You might as well just use a trusted manager such as KeePass or LastPass.

Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)