ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

Keeping Anonymity [TUT]

by Wolf - 11-06-2016 - 07:48 PM
So you want to be hidden on the internet? You don't want to get caught for the activities that you may or may not be participating in?

Encryption
I personally use TrueCrypt full disk encryption for all my drives, and partitions. 

Key disclosure laws
Also known as mandatory key disclosure, is legislation that requires individuals to surrender cryptographic keys to law enforcement.

So basically it is mandatory when caught to decrypt their encrypted data and hand it over to the law enforcement.

Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
I recommend using a good VPN, most free VPN's will hand over their logs to the law enforcement when needed to. So I do suggest either creating your own VPN via a VPS or doing more research and finding a good VPN. Cyber Ghost has already worked with the feds previously so obviously they will do it again. So clearly you shouldn't use their awful VPN. I suggest using VPN's even when you are just simply browsing through the internet.

Browser Choice
Don't use google chrome.

Firefox is fast, reliable, open source and respects your privacy. The TOR browser is your choice if you need an extra layer of anonymity. It's simply a modified version of Firefox, that comes with pre-installed privacy addons, encryption and an advanced proxy.

Fingerprint:
When you visit a website, your browser voluntarily sends information about your configuration such as fonts, browser type, and addons. If your combination is unique then it may be possible to track you without using cookies. EFF created a tool called Panopticlick to test your browser to see how unique it really is.

WebRTC IP Leak:
WebRTC is a new communication protocol that relies on javascript that can leak your actual IP address from behind your VPN. Even though software like NoScript prevent this, its still a good idea to block this protocol directly as well just to be safe. (Google Chrome Users: you cannot do this, there is no solution so switch to Firefox :) )

How to disable WebRTC in Firefox
Spoiler Show
In short: Set "media.peerconnection.enabled" to "false" in "about:config".

Explained:

Enter "about:config" in the firefox address bar and press enter.
Press the button "I'll be careful, I promise!"
Search for "media.peerconnection.enabled"
Double click the entry, the column "Value" should now be "false"
Done. Do the WebRTC leak test again.

If you want to make sure every single WebRTC related setting is really disabled change these settings:

media.peerconnection.turn.disable = true
media.peerconnection.use_document_iceservers = false
media.peerconnection.video.enabled = false
media.peerconnection.identity.timeout = 1

Now you can be 100% sure WebRTC is disabled.

Here you can test for Web RTC IP Leaks: Click Here

Firefox Addons

Block Ads with uBlock Origin
The efficient wide spectrum blocker that is easy on memory, and can load and enforce thousands of filters than other popular blockers out there. It has no monetization strategy and is open source. It works on Firefox, Safari, Opera, and Chromium.

Browser fingerprinting with Random Agent Spoofer
A privacy enhancing firefox addon that aims to hinder browser fingerprinting.

Auto delete cookies with Self Destructing Cookies

This addon automatically removes cookies when they are no longer used by open browser tabs.

Stop tracking with Disconnect
This addon is open source and loads the pages you go to 27% faster and stops tracking by 2,000+ third party sites, and also keeps your searches private.

Encryption with HTTPS Everywhere
A Firefox, Chrome and Opera extension that encrypts your communications with many websites making your browser more secure. It is a collaboration between The TOR Project, and the EFF.

Stop Cross Site requests with uMatrix
Many sites integrate features which let other sites track you, such as Facebook like buttons and Google analytics. uMatrix gives you full control over the requests to make between site to site.

Total Control with NoScript Sec. Suite
Highly customizable to selectively allow Javascript, Java, and Flash to run only on websites that you trust/approve of.

Content Control with Policeman
This addon has purposes similar to NoScript.

Email

Privacy Conscious Email Providers
ProtonMail
CounterMail
NeoMailbox
Riseup (Need an invite to be able to get one)
Cockli

Email Client:
Mozilla Thunderbird
In my opinion Thunderbird is the best email client out there.

Privacy Email Tools:
gpg4usb Used to encrypt and decrypt and text message or file for Windows and Linux.
Mailvelope A browser Extension that enables the exchange of emails using the OpenPGP encryption standard.
TorBirdy Extension that configures thunderbird to make connections over the TOR Network
Enigmail Extension based on security to use thunderbird and seamonkey.
Email Privacy Tester This tool allows you to send an email to your address to perform privacy related tests.

Privacy Respecting Search Engines
DuckDuckGo
Disconnect
MetaGer

Password Managers
If you are using a password manager such as 1Password, LastPass, Roboform, or iCloud keychain then i suggest you pick an alternative.

Master Password

KeePass

Encryptr

Domain Name System (DNS)

CloudNS Is an Australian based Security focused DNS Provider without any logging.

DNSCrypt is a protocol for securing communications between a client and a DNS resolver.

NoTrack is a network wide DNS server which blocks tracking sites. It works in Debian and Ubuntu.

NameCoin is a decentralized DNS open source information registration and transfer system based on the BTC currency.

Instant Messaging

Pidgin is a popular free and open source IM client that allows you to chat to users via AIM, Google talk, MSN, Yahoo and many more.

TorChat
Jitsi
SureSpot
CryptoCat

I hoped I helped a lot of you out, and if you have any questions or concerns please leave a reply and I will get back to them ASAP!

Also if you would like to see more tutorials from me let me know!
Wow man, this is a dope tutorial, very detailed! I always use a VPN but the other information is always useful to me. Thank you for sharing! ^^
Are you a guest to this site? Click the image below and sign up today!
[Image: FTYbRmR.gif]
Very detailed, and I use a few things you say not to here, I guess I should change :P
I bookmarked the thread, gonna need to read this in a bit.
Very detailed thread!

Will try out later :)
[Image: cFUePg.png]
keep going man good way
Wow, thanks. This could actually help me out a lot.
Good shit, great for people just learning to stay safe online.
awesome and detailed tut. taking a lot fro it. thanks!

Users browsing: 2 Guest(s)